*UPDATED ON SEPTEMBER 15, 2017
There will be a Texas Baptist Men Disaster Relief training on Saturday, September 30 at Bethlehem Baptist Church from 9 AM until noon. Here's how to register: www.texasbaptistmen.org -- Click on Events. Find training and click on the one you want to attend. Also, a background check must be submitted at that time. Cost is $40 and this includes background fee ID badge and lanyard.
Many of you have asked about how you can help at this time. Thank you for your kindness and generosity. At this point, the most important thing you can do is give to organizations like the Texas Baptist Men, Tarrant Baptist Disaster Relief Team, and other trusted organizations like the Red Cross and the Salvation Army.
http://texasbaptists.org/harvey-response shows the different ways churches and individuals can help.
http://texasbaptists.org/church2church shows the list of damaged churches and their needs. Churches can contact damaged churches directly to partner with them.
If you have been affected by Hurricane Harvey and need some assistance or want to help assist others, please visit the TexasBaptists.org website, "Harvey Response - Get Involved" link and scroll down to #3 tab "Partner - Church2Church Partnership." Click one of these two links (http://texasbaptists.org/church2church or https://texasbaptists.wufoo.com/forms/z1lbxvud1i7sykd/) where you can be of assistance or receive assistance. We are still in prayer for those brothers and sisters that have been affected and will continue to recover.
Here are some other ways for you to serve and respond to Harvey:
- Mission Arlington is collecting goods for Hurricane Harvey relief efforts. Check out their website for more details.
- LOVEFIRST Disaster Relief efforts in Houston, a ministry of Houston's First Baptist Church, is another way you can help. Click here to visit their website.
- Union Association provided this link as an option for service -- volunteerhou.org
- John Thielepape put together a document that is hard to top so we are including it here. Thanks, John, for your great work!
- Wilkerson Greins will serve those displaced by Hurricane Harvey. Click here for more details.
- BOUNCE 2017 - Harvey Affected Areas -- Bounce has revised their 2018 ministry schedule to assist in recovery efforts in Harvey affected areas. Click here for more information.
- Great Commission Baptist Church has been designated as a drop off place for the items needed and possibly a place to house evacuees if there is a need.
- Tryon-Evergreen Association church message board related to disaster relief -- click here to view
- Trusted World is in desperate need of volunteers to help unload cars and sort through the donations. Click here for more information.
- Here is information on ways people can be involved through Travis Avenue Baptist Church http://www.travis.org/harvey/
- While many communities in Texas are still dealing with the impact of Hurricane Harvey, Hurricane Irma made landfall, causing significant issues for communities in Florida. The two hurricanes have caused millions of people to be displaced from their homes. Countless people have been affected by these unprecedented, catastrophic storms. Send Relief and our Southern Baptist Disaster Relief partners are responding to the needs of people impacted by both hurricanes. Please consider giving a gift to help with our relief efforts today. A gift of $50, $75 or $125 will help us provide crucial supplies to those affected by the storm. Thank you for your care and compassion during these difficult times.